Western Christian Academy (WCA) And College Of Biblical Studies (CBS)
Our dual credit program is designed to encourage students to complete their high school diploma while gaining college credits to put towards an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Provides an opportunity for high school students to get a head start on college level course work
- Provides students with a unique opportunity to gain a true college experience before graduating high school.
- Less overall coursework and a shortened educational timeline
- Complete High School studies in less time. (Dual Credit courses are 7 weeks long)
- Improve overall GPA.
- It is cost effective
- Gain different insights from others
- Flexible through online delivery allowing better time management. (7 Weeks)
Why Dual Credit?
One of the benefits of this program is that it results in less overall coursework and a shortened educational timeline. This means that students are able to complete their high school studies in less time, as the dual credit courses offered through the partnership are only 7 weeks long.
In addition, taking college courses while still in high school can also improve a student’s overall GPA. This can be particularly beneficial for students who may be struggling in high school, as they have the opportunity to get a fresh start with college-level coursework.
The WCA/CBS partnership is also cost-effective, as students are able to earn both high school and college credits simultaneously, thereby saving time and money on their path to obtaining a higher education degree.
Finally, the flexible online delivery of the courses offered through this partnership allows for better time management and the ability to balance both high school and college coursework. This makes it possible for students to take courses from anywhere, at any time, providing them with the flexibility to fit their education into their busy schedules.
The cost of community college can vary greatly from state to state, with the national average being $141.00 per credit hour. This disparity in cost is due to differences in state appropriations and the amount of funding allocated towards community colleges. In some states, the cost of tuition can be considered a significant portion of the overall cost, while in others it may be negligible or even zero.
However, for students enrolled in the WCA/CBS partnership, the average cost is much lower, with full-time students paying an average of $85 per credit hour ($250 in total). Part-time students, on the other hand, pay an average of $300. This partnership offers students the opportunity to earn both high school and college credits, with full-time students incurring no additional cost.
This partnership not only provides students with the opportunity to get a head start on their college education, but also helps to reduce the overall cost of attending college. By allowing students to earn both high school and college credits simultaneously, they are able to save time and money on their path to obtaining a higher education degree.
It’s important to note that while the cost of attending community college may be lower for WCA/CBS students, it’s still important for them to be aware of the different costs associated with attending college, such as books, supplies, and transportation. By being informed and budgeting wisely, students can ensure that they are able to complete their college education without incurring undue financial stress.
- National average cost of Community College is $141.00/credit hour
- Tuition prices dramatically differ because of differences in state appropriations. Thus, in some states, the cost of tuition is considered significant in overall cost while it would appear negligible or even zero in other states.
- In the WCA/CBS partnership, the average cost is about $85/credit hour ($250) for current full-time WCA students. $300 for Part-time students.
- One cost to earn both High School and College credit
- Full-time WCA students have no additional cost
Dual Credit Courses (Prerequisites)
- ENGL 1300 Grammar* Must be taken first, online
- ENGL 1301 English Composition 1* Must be taken second, online
- COSC 1317 Introduction to Computing* Must be taken third, online
- No classes begin in the months of June and December
* Dropping, withdrawing, or failing from any dual credit course that has been paid by WCA, requires reimbursement of the course fee to WCA.
Part-Time Student $300
Full-Time Student $250
Dual Credit Enrollment Procedure
Step 1: Fill Out The CBS Application
Step 2: Registration Form
Registration form will be completed by Western Christian Academy.
Step 3: Transcripts and Tuition
WCA will provide High School Transcript to CBS
Tuition – CBS will invoice WCA
Step 4: Supplies
Books and supplies are the responsibility of the student.
MBS is one of the largest textbook wholesalers and bookstore systems providers in the country.