Western Christian Academy Privacy Statement
May 25, 2018
WCA believes in “Respect for the Individual.” For that reason, we will collect and use personal information of users/customers only as follows: Personal information means information about you, which is, or can be, related to you as an individual.
We collect personal information to:
* deliver the products and services you want;
* administer our businesses;
* develop and communicate special offers;
* provide customer service; and
* respond to legal process (such as subpoenas and warrants).
Information WCA collects and how we collect it:
It may include contact information, identification numbers, account numbers, product preferences, and other information you provide when you do business with us online at one of our websites, or sign up for certain services, such as course/grade purchase.
Technical information may be collected (such as your Internet Protocol address, your computer’s operating system and browser type, and the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages) when you visit our websites. The technical information is used to improve visitor experience. Some of our advertisements through Google collect information to place ads geographically and based on previous visits. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide you with a more customized user experience. For information about technical data that can be collected when using Google, please see Google Privacy and Terms. If you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising for the browser you use, you may find the tool at optout.networkadvertising.org helpful.
When you visit our websites, we may place a “cookie,” a small computer file, on your computer to help us recognize and serve you better when you return. You may delete this cookie from your computer. You may also set your Internet browser to reject cookies, however, doing so may limit the functionality of our websites.
How WCA uses personal information:
* We do not sell or rent personal information to others.
* We do not disclose personal information to non-Affiliates except in the following situations:
* when you request or give us permission to do so;
* when we use service providers and contractors (such as credit card issuers, check cashing bureaus, or data processors, mailing and fulfillment houses, customer service or research companies, etc.) for limited purposes to assist us in completing our transactions with you, maintaining or conducting our business, or doing customer research;
* when appropriate to prevent harm or injury (such as for product recalls, preventing fraud, or handling claims or other liabilities), or to comply with valid legal process and applicable laws.
* when we authorize select third parties to contact you, so that you may be considered about offers for goods and services that may be offered or endorsed by WCA.
We may share information with Affiliates for these same reasons and also to let you know about special offers, new products and services, and other great values, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
* We may share with Affiliates and non-Affiliates statistical information that does not identify you individually.
* WCA takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
Personal information that we maintain is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls. When we do have to collect your most sensitive personal information, such as Social Security Numbers, we will protect its confidentiality, prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only.
International customers and members:
* If you provided information to us from a country other than the United States, your information may be transmitted to, and processed by us or our service providers in the United States or other countries other than your own.
* If you provided information from a country that grants specific additional privacy rights, contact us at the addresses listed below to exercise your rights.
Modifications to WCA’s privacy policies:
* We reserve the right to change our privacy policies at any time, except as may be prohibited by law.
* We will post revisions online that we consider appropriate.
Contact WCA for more information about our privacy policies.
If you have questions about our privacy policies, contact us:
Western Christian Academy
Mailing Address: Western Christian Academy P.O. Box 306 Prather, CA. 93651
Telephone: (7am-4pm PST) 800-868-5839, 866-295-3774
Fax: 559-855-6284, 800-436-3303