Western Christian Academy
Building Tomorrow’s Leaders With A Christian Worldview
Western Christian Academy is dedicated to assisting families, by providing quality academic programs from a Christian worldview, through individualized instruction and affordability. The purpose of this agreement is to provide a mutual understanding of the goals and responsibilities of Western Christian Academy and our families, by defining the relationship with each other.
As the parent or guardian of a student enrolling with Western Christian Academy, I understand and agree to the following:
- I and my student(s) will read and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the Western Christian Academy Parent and Student Handbook.
- I agree to establish an appropriate learning environment for my students, which may include things such as natural light, stimulating views to nature and color, quiet places in an open nurturing atmosphere. I agree that most of my student’s work will be accomplished at a designated learning environment with a consistent daily schedule. (For example, having clearly established rules will help set the tone for a healthy learning environment where my student knows what is expected of them).
- I will provide adult supervision for my student during school hours and any time my student is working on his/her courses.
- I am responsible for meeting all applicable local and state homeschool laws and requirements.
- I understand that Western Christian Academy is fully accredited through Cognia (NCA CASI, NWAC, SACS CASI). The voluntary accreditation process verifies that Western Christian Academy’s program meets or exceeds essential standards of educational quality. However, it does not guarantee the acceptance of credits since each state or institution creates its own policies of credit transfer. Some schools or colleges may require additional validation of academic achievement.
- I am the primary educator who will guide, teach, and motivate my students to follow and complete the course of study. For the purpose of enriching the basic studies, I have the freedom to create additional projects such as field trips and laboratory work.
- I recognize that it is impossible for Western Christian Academy to restrict access to all controversial materials. I will not hold WCA or its employees responsible for materials acquired on the internet. Furthermore, I accept full responsibility for supervision of the internet since my child’s computer use is not in a typical school setting. I will also assume the responsibility to have a current antivirus, malware protection and cyber security with parental controls; such as Bark or Net Nanny.
- I am responsible for the training of my child/children, and will not hold Western Christian Academy responsible for any lack of academic achievement or progress. Therefore, the lack of communication or academic progress may result in withdrawal.
- To prevent inconsistent communication or academic progress I agree to the 30, 60, and 90-day follow-up communications with teachers.
- I will check my email daily for Western Christian Academy communications. Communications from WCA staff will have an @westernchristianacademy.com email address. Please add the following emails to your address book or contact list so important communications are not blocked or delivered to spam:
- I am responsible for assuring that the work my student submits to Western Christian Academy is solely his or her work. I understand that copying other people’s work (Plagiarism) is stealing. My student will complete tests and quizzes independent of any other resources (i.e., answer keys, lesson text, coaching, outside resources, etc.).
- I will provide 180 days of instruction within a calendar year.
- I will notify Western Christian Academy immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if we have a change of address, email, or credit card information.
As the parent or guardian of a student using the Booklet program, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will check my student’s work daily to make sure he/she is making progress.
- The completed and graded Horizons test (1st – 2nd grades) and LIFEPAC tests (1st – 6th grades) are to be sent in as completed.
- Students are expected to finish one booklet per subject approximately every 3-4 weeks.
- Lessons and Self tests require scores of 80% or above. LIFEPAC tests are taken one time each, but if the first test score is under 80%, the Alternate Test in the Teacher’s Guide is assigned. If both tests are taken, the higher of the two test scores is recorded. The minimum score that can be recorded for a test is 65%. If both test scores are below 65%, the entire booklet must be repeated.
- Booklets that require repeating due to a low test score will have an additional cost.
- Shipments of curriculum must be opened and checked against the contents listed on the invoice immediately upon receipt of shipment. Western Christian Academy is not responsible for replacing missing items after 10 days from the invoice date.
- Without prior notification items damaged in the shipping process will not be accepted as a return for credit or replacement. Used items or items showing signs of handling will not be authorized or accepted for credit.
As the parent or guardian of a student using the Online program, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will check my student’s work daily to make sure he/she is making progress.
- Students are expected to finish one unit per subject approximately every 3-4 weeks.
- I will not allow my student(s) to access my username or password. This will encourage academic integrity.
- I understand that if I am on the Parent/Teacher program, and my student is found to be cheating or short-cutting, he/she may be required to go on Teacher On Call. This means that tuition costs may go up and I will lose access to my username and password. No exceptions.
- Lessons and quizzes require scores of 80% or above. Tests are taken one time each, but if the first test score is under 80%, the Alternate Test is assigned. If both tests are taken, the higher of the two test scores is recorded. The minimum score that can be recorded for a test is 65%. If both test scores are below 65%, the entire unit is reassigned.
- Students are required to complete one project per unit, unless multiple projects are part of the learning process (i.e., State History, Language Arts, semester Electives, etc.). When a project has been chosen in a unit, the other projects may be skipped. Foreign language requires two projects per unit, one written and one oral. Projects are to be completed by the end of each unit.
- I am responsible for purchasing supplies or equipment necessary for my student’s projects.
Please carefully read the following information:
- Western Christian Academy’s curriculum is written from a Biblical worldview, in accordance with our Statement of Faith.
- Students have up to 12 months to complete a year of curriculum or 6 months for a semester.
- A $25 processing fee is assessed for a non-sufficient-funds check, credit or debit card declined, or a stop-payment.
- A $20 late charge is assessed if payment is not received within 15 days of the payment due date.
- A $150.00 registration fee is required for Student Update Forms not turned in before the student’s 12-month deadline.
- Refunds will not be given for registration, testing fees or tutorial fees. The registration fee covers all students who are in the same family and are enrolled at the same time.
- Refunds due to withdrawal are as follows:
- Student withdrawal before the curriculum sent or curriculum set up online: 100%
- Student withdrawal during the school year: no refund.
- Student withdrawal by Western Christian Academy administration: no refund
- Students withdrawn with a Western Christian Academy tuition balance due will have their subject grades reported as incomplete, even if their academic work is complete.
- Notice of student withdrawal is to be made by email at email@example.com
Review complete. Please close this tab and finish application.